Monday, August 20, 2012

Holy Moly Canoli!

A lonely day here in the hotel. I did manage to put faces to names. I met with a family I've chatted with on Facebook. It never hurts to meet people when you don't know anyone. Enjoyed their company as we sat by the pool, waiting for our husbands to get off work. Technology has been a savior for this gal here! I've learned so much about what to expect, where to go, and how to fix things just by reading threads on Facebook. I've already been stopped at the NEX by someone that recognizes my face. It is a weird feeling hearing someone call out your name and you don't know a soul yet, besides the people who you are "friends" with online.

Other than making a new friend I did some research on Oktoberfest! Hotels are outrageously priced, 900+ DOLLARS for 3 nights, staying 15 miles away. To reserve tables within a Tent (where the food and drinks are) you have to have at least 10 people in your party. So Oktoberfest may not be in the cards for us this year, but don't you worry, I will start planing for next year as soon as it ends this October.

Just a little something something for those who want to ever go to Oktoberfest, it starts in September and ends in October!! This year it starts Sept 22nd and ends on October 7th. From what I've read it's because the weather is nicer for it.

So we may not be able to make out in time for the beer party, but I do plan on going to Germany in December. I'm told wonderful things about their "Christmas Markets." I LOVE Christmas! I love the decorations, the craftwork, and warm drinks, and over all I love finding special trinkets for special people!


With vacation plans on the back burner for the moment, marito is ready to go get dinner and McDonalds is on the menu. Before we grab some grub, I decide to go investigate the shopping center. We walk into a store called Auchan and expect it to be like Walmart. Similar to a Walmart with Lynnhaven Mall attached to it! To the left is a massive store, with fresh seafood on ice, three isles of wine, three or more isles of PASTA, and more. It was Walmart on crack. on the other side of the hall were clothing stores, jewlery stores, and even a food court. We were completely mislead about this place! After walking around we grab a few pastries. Marito grabs a container of freshly made canoli's and I grab a pastry with fruit on top (I have no idea what it is!)

After dinner, marito breaks open the canoli box and dives right on it! I've had a canoli once, and didn't care for it. Real Italian canoli's have changed my views on the world! They are delicious! If I can bring some back I would do it in a heartbeat.



I am glad we got the orders to Naples, it is going to be one of the best experiences, and I plan to write about all of my experiences.

1 comment:

  1. http://myviewfrom30000feet.blogspot.com/2010/11/gluhwein-and-christmas-markets.html

    ReplyDelete