Monday, August 27, 2012

Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Ok, so here's the deal. It's been almost a full month here in Naples, and I have yet to hit the gym like I had planned. Marito had a short day today so I made myself go. Since marito works at Capo, that is where I went. No need for him to drop me off at Support Site, and then come by and pick me up afterwards when I can accomplish the same goal at either location.

Walking into a new gym is always intimidating for me. Normally you see a ton of really buff guys hitting the weights, or perfect figure women beasting the treadmill, but here it's all normal people. I always take caution when I go to a gym, I feel like the new kid, looking around and trying to get the feel for everything. At Capo the gym is called Fit Zone, and it is very comparable to a Planet Fitness or Anytime Fitness, except its not open past 9 pm. On half of the gym there is a bunch of bikes, treadmills, elipiticals, stair steppers and more. The other half has all of the weight machines, and let me tell you, there are a lot! They didn't waste any space yet it doesn't feel cramped. All of the machines are new Life Fitness machines, and in great shape, which is always nice to see- no one likes run down gyms. There is a separate room for free weights, a room for yoga/pillates/dance classes, a full size basketball court with bleachers, as well as a spin classroom, two racketball courts, and an olympic size pool. If that doesn't make you happy, just go walk on in the locker room, sit in the spacious sauna and then take a shower!

Really impressed with this gym, and I know I won't use all of the ammenities but it is nice to know I have the option! So, I finally got my first Italian work out in, I might be interested in taking a few classes. I mean, hey, I can sit on my butt while marito works, or I can whip my butt into shape. I'm starting to get ready for my beach body for summer of 2015!

I knew that later tonight I would be eating birthday dinner and cake with some friends, so I didn't waste time getting my workout in. Later marito and I went and picked up a board game as a gag gift and a celebratory cigar (not for me of course). And as planned, pizza and cake were on the menu. Birthday boy's wife asked the hotel to pick a good cake, and boy did they deliver. It was very similar to a tiaramisu cake but instead of coffee liquor it was maybe a rum dipped cake and chocolate ganache. It was delicious, whatever it was. Fortunately I spent almost 3 hours at the gym in preparation!

The owners of the hotel brought out the cake, we didn't know they were even here, and a few guys from the staff (or I call them familia!) sang Happy Birthday and wished Birthday Boy a great year. The Familia here at Hotel Agora is a wonderful staff. The hotel is nice, but the people here, well they are like family! It's always "Boungiorno" first thing in the morning, smiles all throughout the day, and very friendly and warm hearts. If we buy dinner down the road and bring it back, they take our food and plate it up for us (even if we say no!). Happy Hour everyday from 6-8 BOGO Free, except on Fridays when the hotel has a free cookout for the people staying here as well as everyone who has stayed or is connected.Oh and don't forget Man Night on Wednesdays! They really take care of you here and it's Nice.


The owners, Christan and Jennifer are an Italian/American couple, who cater to military members. Jennifer is prior Navy, so she knows what it is like to transfer overseas and not feel at home. Fortunately she must have thrown 3 coins in the Trevi Fountain because she fell in love with an Italian, married him and opened up a great place for us to call home for 2 months!
Gorgeous sunset over looking the pool.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I'm thrilled by the post and appreciate all the compliments. I'm glad our master recipe is working. You may be away from home but we are your extended family while you are here in Italy.

    I will have to frame this blog.

    It's great to hear the good things out loud!

    Jennifer
    Hotel Agora

    ReplyDelete