Saturday, August 11, 2012

Culinary Experience

Nothing super exciting today. Marito and I are so jet lagged, we stayed up til 2 am and slept til 2 pm. I'm sure we could have slept another couple of hours. We drag our butts out of bed and called for a taxi to go to the Support Site. From where we are staying we were quoted 60 Euros! Holy shnikeys! Guess we are going to hang out at the Hotel.

Being in Italy we are going a bit stir crazy in this hotel, with very little in walking distance. We are ready to get our drivers lisence and rent a car so we can go explore. Trying to make the best of our free Internet access we try to stream US TV shows but for some reason we can't! Many Facebook friends told us about HideMyAss.com that blocks signals saying we are in Italy so with that being said I can watch The Bachelor Pad again! And Army Wives! Glad I can pass time with technology! And of course planning the future with my Marito.

Capresse Insalata- and yes, I ate the tomatos!
Dinner time came and we walked next door to a pizzeria and enjoyed a lovely dinner out on the patio. Marito ordered a steak that came back was covered in a white sauce or cheese and tiny pepper like balls. It looked weird but it was delicious. I wanted to venture out so I ordered a linguini with clams, mussels and prawns. Now I am a very wary seafood eater, I'm not the biggest fan of fishy food. But thanks to my mother, I am not afraid to try new things. I will admit, I didnt love it, nor will I order it again in the near future. But it is a good feeling to know that've tried it and that makes me proud!

During dinner we met a sailor whose husband and son havent arrived yet. We offered to let her join us in the morning to go look at homes out in town. It was nice to meet someone new and work on making friends.
 
 


During dinner we heard bells, turning around to see what it was we saw sheep being herded down the street. Being the tourist I am, I got overly excited and ran to go take pictures.



Hope tomorrow is as interesting as the sheep herding!

No comments:

Post a Comment